About The Tournament
Raphael is one of the reasons our club exists today! His sudden loss has affected many communities and he has had a positive impact amongst his coaches, mentors, teammates, families and friends. His name is synonymous to the game of basketball and he had so much more to give. This tournament serves as a celebration of his life on the court and 204 Customs will be donating portions of the proceeds from this tournament to a scholarship fund under his name.
We hope that you can participate and spread the word to those who may be interested. We look forward to hosting you and appreciate your support of the Alcoreza family.
#icanandiwill22 #excellenceisthepassinggrade #ra22forever #204customsbasketblal #204customstournament #tributeto22
The united nations! Our diverse group is what makes us special. Proud of these dudes for showing out and competing this weekend. #16usummersquad #204customsaau #204customs #teamworkmakesthedreamwork @wisdomkaye @dante_alridge @anandk_ @isaiah2kcarlos @isaiahbacon @_raphaelac @praveen_34 @akash_dhaliwal @fremynextdoor @mandoo.jr
- $400 per team
- Looking for 7 teams to round out 8
- payable to 204 Customs Paypal/eTransfer to email@example.com (question “sport”, password “basketball”)
- No refunds will be given once first game is played
At The Event
Open to all boys teams in the U15 and U16 (current Grade 9 or 10) age group. High School or Clubs are welcome to participate in this tournament.
Teams will participate in pool play competition where top teams in each pool battle it out for playoffs. 3 game minimum for each team.
- Saturday to Sunday, April 14 – 15
- expected game times between 9:00am and 6:00pm
Haircuts by Donation
Proud to have the support of some of Raph’s family and friends who are in the hairstyling business for men. So during the event we will be having the Raph’s older brother Justin along with some friends from the Dog Pound Barbershop to provide some fresh cuts for the youngbloodz! Think of it as a one-stop-shop of hoops and getting your fresh fades!
If you have any recyclables that you would like us to get rid of then bring it as well and we can take care of it for you.
There will be tournament gear and other merchandise for sale at the event for purchase! People can visit our online store
For those who would like to donate and help us with this event then we welcome and appreciate the kind gesture. Please contact us and we’d be happy to accept!
There will be some foods and beverages available for purchase at the event for those who need an energy boost or just a sweet tooth kick
Looking for at least 8 teams to make a round robin play schedule, Then we get into playoff bracket
- DRAW is TBD
Modified Tournament Rules
- 2 x 20 min halves, stop clock in the last 2 mins of the second half if score differential is 10 pts or less
- 2 timeouts per half, no carry-over, 1 per overtime
- 2 mins for 1st overtime with 1 timeout,
- 1 min for 2nd overtime with 1 timeout
- 3rd OT and beyond will be “sudden death” (ie. first to score)
- 24 second shot clock
- All types of offensive and defensive schemes allowed
- Bonus @ 8 team fouls per half
- 5 personal fouls before disqualification, with notifications on 3 and above
- Technical fouls count as a personal foul, 2nd one is an immediate ejection from the game
- Unsportsmanlike foul/Flagrant foul is an immediate ejection and possible ban for next game, if it happens again possible ban from the league
- 1st team listed will be the home team, teams are responsible to bring their own dark/light jerseys
- minimum 4 players to start the game until halftime otherwise a forfeit
- no roster changes allowed after first game
- Travel Championship trophy and tees to the tournament 1st place finish
- Point Differential
- Total Points Against
- Coin Toss
- BCBOA Certified Officials
- Please do your best to have numbered jerseys for officials
- Pool play plus playoff bracket
- 3 game minimum
- free admissions
- concessions available
- plenty of free parking
- friends and family are encouraged to come and support
- please contact coach Ramil firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 604-763-5361
Tournament Waiver Form
All participants are required to fill out our waiver form before being allowed to play