Don’t be fooled by the results from this tournament. The #16usummersquad took their talents one division higher and had their work cut out for them in having to compete with some of the best 17U teams of All Star talents from the lower mainland. 3 games out of the 5 being decided by 2 points proves we stayed close and had our chances late in games..
- 16U vs Outlaws (Abbotsford): 50 – 48 Loss
- 16U vs Vancouver Basketball Academy: 79 – 56 Loss
- 16U vs Vancity U16 Selects Pt1: 58 – 56 Loss
- 16U vs Vancity U16 Selects Pt2: 74 – 57 Loss
- 16U vs Outlaws (Abbotsford): 48 – 46 Loss
- Not running back on defense will have impact on your playing time. It affects the team’s ability to get back in transition and not an inspiration to others
- You never know when you’ll be given a chance with this deep roster, but when you do how will you respond?
- Bigs shying away from contact
- Need improvement from bigs on ability to pass out of the paint, but seen some nifty big-to-big passing … keep that up
- Need to call screens on our teammates getting picked
- HERO ball may work in other courts or leagues, but our philosophies don’t allow this if you want to play structured and disciplined ball
- Play execution on newly introduced SLOB plays was on point
- Triangle zone offense proved to be the only one out of our zone playbook to work. We need to get better on other zone looks.
- Learning to adjust on consecutive plays, if a shooter has hit a corner 3ball twice, don’t let him hit the 3rd, 4th or 5th.
- Fake a pass to make a pass
3 games decided by 2 points in the #basketballbcclubchampionships U17 Division1 this weekend proves you belong fellas. Things are looking up! #teamworkmakesthedreamwork #16usummersquad #anotherone @fremynextdoor @_raphaelac @jtabaya @mandoo.jr @dante_alridge @isaiah2kcarlos @isaiahbacon @akash_dhaliwal @wisdomkaye
A photo posted by 204customs (@204customs) on